- Occupational Allergic Disease
- Occupational Asthma
- Occupational Related Lung Disease
- Environmental and Occupational Diseases
Programs & Services
- Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences
Education & Training
- Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA), BA, Economics & French Literature
- New York University School of Medicine, MD, with Honors
- L'Académie (Paris), Junior Year Abroad
- New York University, Premedical Studies
- University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, MSPH, Preventive Med & Biometrics, Honors Thesis
- University of Colorado Denver, Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine
- National Jewish Health / University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Residency, Occupational Medicine
- National Jewish Health / University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Fellowship, Allergy and Immunology
Occupational asthma and allergies. Challenge Chamber for diagnosis of Occupational Asthma.
Dr. Pacheco specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of occupational asthma and allergic disease. She performs specific occupational allergen challenges to help diagnose occupational asthma as well as specific skin and patch testing to occupational allergens.
Genetic and environmental risk factors for asthma and allergy to laboratory animals in exposed research scientists and technicians.
American Board of Internal Medicine Allergy and Immunology,
American Conjoint Board of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Occupational Medicine,
American Board of Preventive Medicine
Teaching or Professional Positions
“Bioaerosols in Occupational Medicine,” A Problem-Based Learning Course
“History of Occupational Medicine” in Introduction to Occupational and Environmental Health
Affiliations with the University of Colorado Denver
Assistant Professor, Preventive Medicine and Allergy/Immunology
Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, Environmental and Occupational Respiratory Disease Section
American Thoracic Society, Environmental/Occupational Health Section
American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Awards & Recognition
1991-1992: Della McShane Fellowship in Medicine (Allergy)
1990-1991: Liz Claiborne, Inc. Fellowship in Immunology NYU MD with honors in microbiology First Prize for Student Research Bertran Gesner Memorial Prize for excellence in research in immunology
Pacheco K, Maier L, Silveira L, Goelz K, Noteware K, Luna B, and C Rose. Association of CD14 alleles with chest symptoms and lung function in laboratory animal researchers. (manuscript in preparation) Pacheco K, Maier L, Silveira L, Goelz K, Noteware K, Luna B, Murphy J, Dubois R, and C Rose. Association of TLR4 alleles with symptoms and sensitization to laboratory animals. (manuscript in revision)
Pacheco K, McCammon C, Liu AH, Thorne PS, O’Neill M, Martyny J, Newman L, and Rose CS. Characterization of endotoxin and mouse allergen exposures in mouse facilities and research laboratories. Ann Occup Hyg 2006; 50 (6): 563-572. epub April 2006.
Pacheco KA, McCammon C, Liu AH, Thorne PS, O’Neill ME, Martyny J, Newman LS, Hamman RF, and Rose CS. Airborne endotoxin predicts symptoms in nonsensitized technicians and research scientists exposed to laboratory mice. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2003; 167: 983-990.
Pacheco K, Tarkowski M, Negri J, Sterritt C, Rosenwasser L, and Borish L. The influence of diesel exhaust particles on mononuclear phagocytic cell-derived cytokines: IL-10, TGF-b and IL-1b. Clin Exp Immunol. 2001 Dec; 126(3): 374-83.
More Publications by This Author
Link to Faculty Publications
Link to PubMed for more papers