All employees are asked to acknowledge and sign the STAR Treatment Statement of Expectations. It is a responsibility of all employees to project a STAR attitude every day!
Behind every successful organization is a team of dedicated individuals with special skills and expertise. The National Jewish Health STAR Treatment: Internal Reward and Recognition Program is designed to improve the hiring and selection process, promote a team environment and evaluate staff based upon a unified set of customer service expectations. Employees are recognized monthly, quarterly and annually and are chosen by a committee of employees who volunteer their time.
- To reward and recognize National Jewish Health employees for outstanding customer service to another employee, patient, visitor, or family member.
- To improve customer service on the National Jewish Health campus.
- To stimulate and maintain an environment of STAR Treatment Customer Service throughout National Jewish Health.
Staff may be recognized for:
- An extraordinary event to an external customer (patient, donor, vendor, guest)
- Extraordinary service to internal customers (peers, managers, or subordinates)
Nominate An Employee Today!
If you would like to recognize a National Jewish Health employee for their outstanding service to others, nominate them for a STAR Treatment Customer Service program reward.
Visit here to make a nomination.
- Patients may nominate employees and staff may nominate fellow co-workers, managers, or subordinates to receive recognition for providing exceptional service.
- Individuals can document exceptional service that they witnessed by completing a “STAR Card.” The card asks for the employee’s name, employee’s supervisor (if known) and the reason for nomination. It will also ask for the name of the individual that recognized the STAR Treatment.
- Cards are turned to Human Resources or in the marked receptacles posted throughout the campus.
- At the end of every month, all cards are reviewed by the STAR Committee. The most exceptional events are chosen to be recognized and rewarded.
STAR - Up to 6 stars will be given out on a monthly basis. Individuals recognized have demonstrated exceptional service that went above and beyond to assist others. Recipients will receive a STAR pin and certificate.
SHINING STAR - Chosen from the monthly winners. The committee will vote on which customer service event shines above the rest. Recipients will receive a Shining STAR pin and a gift basket of Shining STAR branded items.
ALL STAR - An extraordinary employee is recognized by being the ALL STAR that stands out as an outstanding customer service story. This honor is given to only one individual a year. The winner is selected from the quarterly Shining STAR winners. The recipient will receive an exciting gift (weekend getaway, maid service for a specified time frame, we are accepting ideas!)
Have questions or ideas about the STAR Program please send them here.