Featured Job of the Month
Human Resources Job Line: 1.800.686.9512
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Executive Director of Contracts, Research Administration & Clinical Research Operations
National Jewish Health attracts thousands of patients each year who team with our expert physicians and renowned experts because We Never Say Never®. National Jewish Health is one of the world's most highly respected institutions for education, research, and treatment for respiratory, allergic, and immune disorders.
A Vision for the Future
For more than 111 years, National Jewish Health has been at the forefront of research and medicine. Today, we are pioneering the new era of preventive and personalized medicine by integrating the latest scientific discoveries and coordinated care for respiratory, cardiac and immune diseases. The Board of Directors and the medical and scientific leadership of National Jewish Health have embraced and invested heavily in a bold vision to expand and integrate care and research. Our phased plan entails adding new facilities for patient care and state-of-the-art research labs. With the commitment of the institution’s leadership and philanthropic partnerships national in scope, National Jewish Health is poised to take the next steps for a brilliant future.
This Executive Director oversees research administration assuring that National Jewish Health remains in compliance with Federal regulations, while providing service to faculty in order to maximize the size and scope of research operations. Oversees the clinical research operations ensuring that National Jewish Health maintains a uniform, efficient, high-quality clinical research program.
1. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors and rewards.
2. Manages/supervises and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Directs in-service and continuing education activities for staff. Monitors staff safety compliance and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
3. Evaluates staff performance regularly and determines merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
4. Oversees clinical research operations ensuring that National Jewish maintains a uniform, efficient, high-quality clinical research program across all academic departments.
5. Oversees contracting for the institution including clinical, research, development, health initiatives and external faculty activities ensuring that NJ is adequately protected by contract terms.
6. Oversees the administration of research activities. Acts as institutional official for research with Federal and non-Federal sponsors. Verifies that proposals, contracts and grants are properly processed and accounted for to meet sponsor expectations and federal regulations.
7. Oversees fringe benefit, indirect costs and patient care rate development and negotiation. Works with charge-back centers to assure that rates remain in compliance with Federal regulations.
8. Oversees accounting and distribution of tech transfer royalties and reimbursements.
9. Oversees interpretation of internal policies and external regulations for staff and investigators.
10. Manages the accounting and reporting systems for sponsored programs and clinical research to meet the needs and/or requirements of users, management and external agencies.
11. Manages 20-50 employees
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Certification and Licensure
A minimum of ten (10) years of supervisory experience in grant/contract administration and clinical research required.
- or - Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Person We Need
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, upbeat leader. Additionally, must function well under stressful situations and be able to change tasks with minimal notice. Must be able to collaborate with teammates and staff. Must have a positive attitude, displaying a "can-do" attitude rather than wasting time on negative aspects. Needs to be a self-starter who looks for things to do and offers to assist others.
About National Jewish Health
National Jewish Health is one of the largest employers in Denver with 1,700 employees on campus and a total annual budget of $204 million (FY 2011).
A cornerstone in the Denver health care community, National Jewish Health is a non-profit, non-sectarian institution.
National Jewish Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vet/Tobacco Free Campus.
Interested applicants apply online at NJHealth.org/Careers. For questions please call 303.398.1035.
Resumes are encouraged, but may not substitute for an employment application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.